Friday, March 11, 2011

Oh me, oh my. Decision making time!

James and I went to the Smithville Inn in Smithville
, NJ.  The inn is over 300 years old and it's absolutely stunning.  I've been to the town itself, but never in the inn.  They have shoppes all over the place.  Lodges for guests to stay at.  And this gorgeous inn.  It fits me to the T. 


I walked into the room and felt like it was everything I could imagine and more.  I could feel my face lighting up.  James confirmed it.  Everything about it made you feel like it was home away from home.


This is the first place James and I have looked at.  I'm so dead set on booking this place though because of how beautiful it is along with how amazing Heather (the wedding coordinator) is. She's a one-woman show so everything lies on her shoulders.  She said she has to see, touch, and make sure everything is done perfectly.  LOVE IT!!


I don't have any pictures that I took myself, but there's a link above (if you haven't clicked on it yet) where you can check it out if you'd like.  I don't believe that the Smithville Inn website does the place any service, but I will try to get pictures for you guys when it's warmer and everything is blooming.  


In other news, I ordered brooches for my brooch bouquet.  I went on www.fabulousbrooch.com and order 15 for now.  Here's a picture of what I have so far (not including family brooches).
It's not much for now, but hey it's a start!

I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend.  Stay safe, but have fun.  Take care.  Until next time.


Desirée 


EDIT - here's the link: http://www.historicsmithvillenj.com/

1 comment:

  1. Good luck with your brooch bouquet. There is a tiny little antique store by my house that house hundred of gorgeous brooches. For a minute I was considering doing a brooch bouquet as well. I can't wait to see the final product!

    ReplyDelete