Thursday, October 20, 2011

13 Days until Halloween!

Well, yesterday was 13 days.  I wanted to post this then, but I was feeling absolutely miserable.  I ended up sleeping all day.  What a bowl of boosauce!


Remember when we anxiously waited to go trick-or-treating?  I recall those days where my brothers and I would race home from school on Halloween.  We would eagerly put on our costumes and rush to head out the door.  Our mother would try to stop us because it would only be 3 in the afternoon.  We had no care though.  The open doors and free candy were our cravings.


One of my favorite costumes as a child was Snow White.  I always found that funny considering my favorite Disney Princess will ALWAYS be Ariel.  Yes, I am a bit obsessed.  :)  But that's a whole different story. 


My family had a Halloween tradition.  We would go trick-or-treating for as long as we could carry our pillowcases around the neighborhood.  A stop at the house to dump the candy was always a must so we could continue to walk around.   My brothers and I would go from house to house until about 8pm or our little feet grew tired.  Finally, we would head back home and finish the night with one of my favorite movies.  The Rocky Horror Picture Show.  My mother always ordered us food from our favorite pizzeria .  After food and the movie, my brothers and I would dump all of our candy onto the floor.  We would put aside the candy we did not care for and bring it to school for other kids.  Let's just say we were never hurting in "candy land".  There would be three huge spaghetti pots filled with candy between the three of us.  Great times.  Don't you wish you could re-live your childhood memories?  I certainly do.


Well, there's a little update for now.  Not much, but I promise to come back with some of my "comfort food" recipes for next time.  


Thanks for reading!


      Desi
"Miss Pumpkin Pie"

No comments:

Post a Comment